Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 12: Manuel Antonio

So I left my stupid bank card in the stupid bank in stupid San Jose which isn't open til tomorrow. And that damn taxi driver took a chunk of my cash so we're living on a budget today. Super duper budget. Luckily there is a free food shelf in the lovely widemouth frog backpacker's hostel and the bus to Manuel Antonio only costs about 40 cents. And the public beach is free. Super duper free.




That and the coconuts only cost $1. $1!


It's also free to look like a crazy gringa and lay in the dirt while taking video of leaf-cutter ants.


It's also aparently free to sneak into national parks on accident where there are delightfully deserted beaches like this.


And also free to get kicked out of them by very nice security guards. Whoops! I headed my way up the hill to the famous El Avion restaurant. I ran into a sloth and a howler monkey making his presence known along the way.


My emergency credit card, for this super duper emergency, provided a lovely lunch with a fabulous view.

No comments:

Post a Comment