Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 21: Bus to Panama City

Panama is a very small country but it's very long. So, to get from David to Panama takes 8 hours by bus. I'm trying to get on a morning bus because I don't want to get into Panama City after dark. As a girl alone, I definitely try to avoid traveling at night. So, it's off to the hospital again early to get another shot in my butt. Fun.

Then I ended up at the mess of a bus station once again and on the long bus ride to Panama City. Once we started getting close I started getting excited. There are real freeways and big bridges. It's beautiful here! And there are these local buses, called diablos rojos that are the cutest things ever, brightly painted different designs and sometimes covered in lights. They cost 25 cents and are usually packed full with people and blaring latin music. It's like a club on wheels.


The bus station is huge and modern and also packed full of people. A far cry from any bus station I have yet to experience in Central America.



I checked into my hostel, Luna's Castle, in Casco Viejo, paid the cab driver $2 (I love Panama!) without a fuss and ran into a friend that had stayed in my hostel in Boquete. We went out to dinner with some others from the hospital, it was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment