Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3: When am I getting out of San Jose?

Ok, I didn't quite believe all the guidebooks that talked so much smack about San Jose. I mean, I LOVE cities. I'm a city girl. It's true, however, San Jose is pretty awful. Even the few nice areas cannot make up for it and it's been nothing but cloudy. There are giant holes in the street and it mostly looks like this, like a really bad part of East LA.


However, I went to the National Theatre that has some great artwork and where there are always adorable little kids feeding pigeons outside.


The old school Mercado Central where you gotta watch your wallet was great. There's the fish market, the herb lady, the chicken feet guy and lots of cow tongues and intestines to marvel at.


Today though, there was sun until late in the afternoon, so I hurried back to the hostel from my travels around to enjoy the swimming pool.


The people of San Jose really enjoy their parks, even at night, they are filled with ticos (Costa Ricans) sitting and socializing and all lit up with different colored lights.


Dinner at an old tico restaurant with my international friends rounded out the night, I even tried some cow tongue, which wasn't bad but I still couldn't quite get over the texture of the surface. Volcano Poas is tomorrow, I'm so out of San Jose. Then I can wander around and look like a tourist and it'll be ok. Right now, I'm snapping iPhone shots and trying to pretend I'm texting. It's probably not working at all and I look twice as stupid and the photos aren't the best so, sorry, it'll get better.

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! sounds like a blast. Im so happy.for you wish I was there. can you buy me some cow tongues jerky :) na only joke. Keep safe love you.

    Rachel Secretarioooooooo

    ReplyDelete