Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 20: Not feeling so hot...

I was headed back to David this morning thinking I would catch the bus to Panama City and see a doctor there because the medication has failed to cure me, the back of my throat is not looking so good, this strep is not going away. I was feeling ok this morning, see?


On the way to David, we got smashed into a passing mini bus like a bunch of sardines. I was literally almost hanging out the door which was open and the bus was going 60 mph and when they finally closed the door by squeezing everyone in there was no air conditioning and I didn't eat breakfast that morning. When my friend got off at the turnoff to Boca del Toro so did I. I've never been so close to passing out in my life, except the time I got my nose pierced. Anywho, a Snickers, some water and a soda later, I'm feeling a little better but I'm not going to Panama City today. I went straight to David to see the doctor and to sleep, sleep, sleep. The same doctor who's probably only a few years older than me, gave me another prescription, this time for injections! I asked her if I had to go to the hospital every day or if I could give them myself. I explained that I worked at a veterinary clinic. She asked me if I was a nurse and when I said "for dogs" she just laughed at me. I think she just likes prescribing injections to me I swear! Last time it was steroids for my allergic reaction, this time it's five days of antibiotic injections. Ouch.

I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment